![]() |
| Chris and Bela - 2006 |
And then, maybe, that ratty gray coat that used to be blue that he bought on his first trip to Barcelona in 1999. That he still wears.
What else? His beat up cars? The three t-shirts he rotates through year round? His easy smile?
Oh, yes. And his hat. That old acrylic navy and white hat that he allegedly rescued from its slimy, linty prison behind the communal basement washing machine in that apartment he shared on Green Street back in college. Well, he still has it.
I have spent the last several days searching boxes for pictures of him in this hat. If you know him well you know he wears it often, but the thing about Chris is that he is always behind a camera, rarely in front of it. So these pictures have been hard to come by.
For his birthday, I made him a copy of this hat (a warmer, though slightly more flawed, version). Yes, I know his birthday was two months ago, but when the gift is handmade by me I demand a 6-12 month grace period, depending on the level of skill required.
So here you go, the old and the new. And Chris.
![]() |
| Fall 1999 |
![]() |
| Fall 1999 |
![]() |
| 2000 |
![]() |
| Chris - 11/7/2010 |
![]() |
| 11/7/2010 |






So you finished? Is the last picture here? Good work!!
ReplyDelete