21 May, 2012

The House

If I had known that the process of buying a house required inhuman amounts of patience mixed with a lot of stiff-upper-lipped-ness and a little fake ambivalence, I wouldn't have done this. I am not cut out for this sort of large scale purchase, as it turns out.



This little blue house has been in the works for us since the first week of March, and I have cried much more than necessary.  It really didn't seem like it was going to work out; our timing was all off. Tax returns, late pay checks, bills... the stars were not aligned in our favor.

But then it all did just work out. Isn't it funny how that usually happens? Apparently, we fooled someone. Because we got it. We should be closing very, very soon. (These three words have been used a lot around here in the last 12 weeks).

We will go from 2 bedrooms and a (sewing) nook to four bedrooms. From one bathroom to three. Our backyard will be smaller. Our front yard will be bigger. There is a chicken coop attached to the garage, and oh so many more details I won't list here.

So here's to new adventures, to a house for my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment