But this is the THIRD time Bela has lost a tooth, has diligently placed the thing under her pillow, and nothing. NOTHING!
I told Bela that maybe if she reminded ME before bed that she had lost a tooth that day, and that she was anticipating a late night visit, well, then, I wouldn't stay up so late. I wouldn't scare the tooth fairy away.
I told Bela that if she just gave me a gentle reminder that she had lost another tooth, that I would try to keep Gillian from waking 6 times a night (poor baby is teething. Poor, poor, sweet, lovely freaking baby who doesn't let her mother sleep, who makes her mommy look like she's 47 instead of 37. Poor baby.) I'm SURE that Gilli's waking is scaring the tooth fairy away.
Or maybe she's just a lazy bitch? Maybe she had a bad day? Maybe she wishes that her tooth fairy partner would remember once in awhile, would take the reins? Maybe sometimes she doesn't like her job? Maybe this is her, acting out, all defiant and self-righteous?
I can only speculate.
But I'm pretty sure she won't forget again.
PS - The fairy left her a teeny tiny thank you note. And a $5 bill. She must have felt really bad for forgetting. Again.

No comments:
Post a Comment