11 June, 2013

Local Color

I just finished a two day workshop on local color at Lillstreet Art Center. We prepared natural dye solutions and used extracts of madder root, pomegranate, weld, marigold, buckthorn berries, osage orange, black walnut, tansy, and sumac.
I was in charge of preparing the Weld dye solution. Day 1.

Day 2. Fabric dyeing in the weld.


It was inspiring and so so interesting. I hope I can fit some Indigo dyeing into my very near future. Would it be ridiculous to join the Handweavers Guild of America and spend the next several years working towards a certificate of excellence in natural dyeing???

Hmmm.

And I didn't know what to do with that basement stove and sink. Dye kitchen!

And that weedy side yard? Time to plant some goldenrod, weld, woad, and Chamomile!

Onward!

Day 2 - checking out our results.

Pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment