One thing I've held fairly steady on is the TV/Computer thing. I'm all about moderation. No screen time during the week. Friday nights we get a teaser, and Saturday is pretty much a no holds barred kind of day. I may be mis-using this metaphor.
Anyway.
They still fight me. I say one cartoon they say two. I say 20 minutes on the ipad they say 200.
And they really want me to like their cartoons and their games as much as they do. I can't figure out why it means so much to them, but I find it pretty much physically impossible to sit and listen to the finer points of Minecraft for anything longer than 30 seconds. And I cannot sit through another episode of Gravity Falls, funny though it may be.
I was determined to find something we could watch together. Because I read somewhere once that watching things together is important. But I can't remember why.
Enter NPR. More specifically, Adventure Time with Finn and Jake. I heard a story on NPR about the cartoon Adventure Time (which airs on Cartoon Network). NPR said it was cool, so I believed them.
I sat down to watch.
I saw the following scenes, and suddenly felt amused and uncomfortable at the same time. Because they pretty much illustrate my parenting style. This detail did not escape the girls.
Hurry and watch these before blogger takes them down :)
1) The house is a mess
\
2). I'm so angry I can't even answer the simplest of nice questions nicely3) When all else fails? Insanity. And dictatorship.
No comments:
Post a Comment