14 September, 2013

Yikes

Holy crap it's been 45 days since I last checked in. Where does the time go?

Well, in an effort to slow the unforgiving march of the clock (and to wean an overly booby obsessed almost-two-year-old), and to celebrate my husband's 36 years on this planet, I spent 5 hours in the car yesterday. My mission? Drive all three (ALL THREE!!!) of my children to their Grandma's house for 60 glorious hours.

I got them settled in, nursed little Gill (for the last time?), and jumped back in my car and drove home. Alone.

I'm disoriented and can't get my bearings, but have big plans for the day. So far? I ran 14 miles out at the lake, had coffee with a great group of ladies in Lincoln Square, made my list and headed to Home Depot.

On the agenda? Some window washing, some laundry, some grouting, some yard work, some dinner out to celebrate, some wine, some sleep. Maybe some knitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment