16 December, 2013

Addendum

I posted here last week that Mae's listening grade wasn't so hot, and that she lost her ipad and tv privileges for the next month, so she can "concentrate on listening better."

Bela did not lose her privileges. At least not by my doing.

Last week the girls had their friend sleep over. This was the very day after Mae lost her TV rights. But, you see, they just HAD to watch Coraline. Had to. HAD TO.

Here was the deal, as developed by Bela.  I let Bela watch the movie, and Mae, and their buddy. And Bela gives up all TV and all iPad along with Mae for the next month.

How could I say no?

So, how did our first weekend go without any TV? Without any IPad?

It was so exhausting the girls and I overslept this morning and showed up at school 45 minutes late.

And that was a good thing.

Saturday was Circus class, lunch out, and the Christkindlmarkt in Daley Plaza (they complained almost the entire time between leaving Circus and arriving home after the Market). Then we made gingerbread houses.

Saturday was exhausting, but we all stuck together.

Sunday we were smarter. Sunday we split up. Chris took all three girls plus our neighbor friend sledding by the lake, then out for lunch and Cocoa.

He dropped them off and I stepped in. Next stop? Waveland Bowl for the annual Toys for Tots party our neighbors put on. The girls bowled for two hours. Then it was home for a snowball fight with the neighbor boys.

Not too bad. We'll see how next weekend goes. 

Yawn.


3 comments:

  1. Will there be another addendum when Grandma comes to stay? Can't see me in a snowball fight or sledding anytime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou, I think you should all go ice skating out at Amy's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting too worried. They are very good at entertaining themselves. I was thinking they would have a sleepover somewhere one night, and then Joy can babysit Gill another afternoon and you can do something with them like a movie. That leaves just one more day. Amy's?

    ReplyDelete