18 April, 2014

The good stuff

Toddlers are pretty great. Aside from the sometimes violent temper tantrums and the fact that poopy diapers from a 2 year old are far nastier, in my opinion, than the poopy business of a 2 month old, pretty much everything about them makes you smile. Makes you enjoy mundane moments all the more. Adds humor to your life when sometimes it feels as though it's lacking.

Gill does this for me. She does it for all of us.

I heard her call out for me this morning as I was stepping out of the shower. And when I went to her, she said:

"Hi mommy. I wake up in the morning. Oh! Are those your boobies?"

She insisted on packing a well-loved-but-starting-to-smell hard boiled Easter egg in her "packback" to take to play group this morning, along with 6 pull ups with monsters on them., and a tube of cheap chapstick.

And in the middle of my students' oral exams today, I remembered that Gillian had been rummaging through the bathroom cabinets while I dried my hair. I had intended to relay an important message to the play group teacher when I dropped my babe off, but in my haste had forgotten. I had to send her the following text:

Oops! My goodness! I meant to tell you that Gillian *insisted* on wearing that maxi pad inside her diaper. It's there for no other reason. I promise. 

Oh man, sometimes this all just feels so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment