Do you know that feeling you get when you realize you made major decisions in your life without intending them to be major decisions? Is that how most major decisions work? Do they sneak up on you? Do you make a decision, say, because you're a new mom, because you're a mom-to-be, because you just need to make a little extra money and provide your family with benefits like insurance... And then 10 years later you wake up and realize that, oops. That was one of those major life decisions. The kind that shape you for decades. And you made a huge, impactful, life-altering decision by choosing not to make a conscious decision?
Have I been watching too much Neil DeGrasse Tyson?
No matter. Today is day 1. MY day 1. New job. New me. And you know what? I made this one on my own. Not as a Mom, or someone who needed to insure her family, or as someone riddled with responsibility guilt. I just made it.
So this is me on Day 1. And I'm a little scared, but feeling adventurous. And happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment