29 December, 2010

Looking back

 I've been spending a lot of time lately looking ahead to the new year. But I'm a Libra. I like to balance my yin with my yang, my up with my down. So I thought that in these last few days of 2010 I would also take a look back at my family's year, photographically.

Winter 2010 
January


Bela's 5th birthday
February
Stir crazy
Leslie and I learn to spin wool
SPRING 2010
March
I put the girls to work in the kitchen, making dinner.

The ice on the lagoon melts. The geese are hungry.
 April
Easter...

...eggs.
Amy and Matt get married.

We get to see our Portland cousins.


May
We visit Wandawega

May is the best month to be naked.



We get our garden ready

We visit baby lambs.
and watch baby birds hatch.
We fed goats in the Smoky Mountains

Oh Appalachia


We met Smoky Mountain pigs

And made new friends

Summer 2010
June

We pick blueberries with Grandma Paula.

We head back to Wandawega

  
We eat ice cream, even though June was chilly.

July 
We enjoy the beach



make gross amounts of jam

take in the sights at the Renaissance Faire


Set personal records

Spend 20 hours on Amtrak, NYC bound


Make a trip to Coney Island
  August

Wear the bleep out of the kids

re-visit Wandawega, again. And again.

AUTUMN
September

We harvest our garden.

We make fresh grape juice

We reap the benefits of our farm share

My baby starts school.
October
We celebrate my bday by camping

We warm our toes by the fire, our bellies by the oatmeal

More half marathons
We celebrate Halloween, Wizard of Oz style
November





December

No comments:

Post a Comment