Wednesday
Remember how I told you that Bela hates everything I make her? It turns out she also hates it when I stop making things for her. It's as though we are paired together in this strange, unending dance. I make, she hates, I stop, she complains. And again.
She loved Mae's green and white striped dress (Mae calls it her "lying in the grass looking at the clouds" dress). She oooohed over Mae's gingham smocked sun dress. So, what's a mama to do?
I made one of each for her too.
Above (and below) a modified version of the smocked sun dress from Weekend Sewing (Heather Ross). The book only has up to size 4. I just added a couple extra rows of smocking and made it longer. VoilĂ . It's funny, but the difference between an almost 4 year old and a 6 1/2 year old is really just a matter of height.
Pattern: Smocked Sun Dress (size 6ish)
Fabric: Cotton Plaid Shirting, purchased as a remnant from Fishman's Fabric
Made for Bela
And below, something I promised myself I would never do. When Mae was delivered and the midwife announced she was a girl, I mentally agreed I would never dress my girls alike. As in matchy-matchy. But desperate times call for desperate measures. Bela liked the dress so much, though Mae did not. However, when I subtly implied it may be cuter than crap if they went to school as twins, well, the rest is history.
And now, it's off to JoAnn's to buy some needles for sewing jersey. Today is T-shirt day. Wish me luck.





No comments:
Post a Comment