09 November, 2011

Halloween High

I'm a bad blogger lately. Too too tired. Last Friday I wanted to share a video clip for my This Moment post, and I didn't. And then I spent the entire weekend revamping and reconstructing my house (i.e. nesting). No time, apparently, in my busy life for my already existent children. I'm focusing right now on the one that is in the works. (Oh please, please come a little sooner than you're supposed to. I can't take feeling this big and slow anymore!  I want the old me back.)

Anyway, the day after Halloween turned into a day of no school for my yet again lice-infested children. Which, in its own weird way, was a sort of gift for this tired and slow mommy. We slept in a bit, didn't have to get dressed bright and early.

Chris and I laid in bed and listened to the pitter patter of their feet running up and down the hallway. We rolled over lazily and giggled at their hushed conversation. We knew they were getting into the halloween candy, but in our own naive way we enjoyed it. Until later when, after who knows how many pieces of candy, they turned into this:

Now, I can't get my iMovie to recognize this video taken with my android phone, and I'm too tired and impatient to try anything else. So if it works, you're looking at them sideways, which is just as well. You'll notice that every sheet and blanket has been thrown onto the floor, and the monster on the top bunk (Mae) is terribly menacing and unable to string together any coherent sentences.

Let's just say that since that morning, Halloween Candy has been strictly rationed around here. In fact, it seems that it will never run out, which makes me want to eat it faster - you know, just to get the stuff OUT OF HERE.

Enjoy the madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment