17 November, 2011

Sneak Peek

LEFT: Profile, hand to face.  RIGHT: Full facial
You'll be glad to know that my (our) afternoon at the hospital yesterday produced no shocking news. Of course, you're not nearly as excited and relieved as I am to find that this child does not, in fact, weigh 10 pounds. (Which unfortunately means I'm the only one experiencing abnormally rapid growth.) Nor does there seem to be any excess amount of fluid that could be linked to a possibly fatal genetic disorder (I hate the internet - if you're concerned about a possible ailment, do NOT do any online searching. It will just rattle your already twisted and nervous mind).

Even though I spent what seemed an eternity in waiting rooms, getting blood drawn, and in the company of the ultrasound technician, I did get another sneak peek at baby-to-be, which provided me an unexpected opportunity to secretly discover the gender of this little cutie.

And?

 In a rare display of self-restraint, I let her know we wanted to wait until the big day.

On the left: a profile view of our (approx. 5 lb baby), with hand to face. On the right, my favorite image -  Looking at the babe straight in the face. Top of head (with tuft of hair) is at the top right of ultrasound image. Chubby face, wide open eyes, open mouth.

I can't wait to meet you, little one!

And in the meantime, I'll be knitting these for you - for your first bitterly cold Chicago winter:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stay-put-baby-mitts 
From Joelle Halverson's: More Last Minute Knitted Gifts, in cashmere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment