19 February, 2012

The aftermath


I'm a bad blogger. Bad, bad, bad. It's not that my kids aren't cute, they are. It's not that we aren't doing anything. We have been. It's not even that I don't have any time. I have.

It's because I'm self-absorbed. And I had surgery. So I've been putting around all week thinking about myself and my surgery. Oh, and getting ready - importantly- for Bela's Big Birthday Bash. Ok. Not completely self-absorbed.

Bela turned 7 a month ago and we finally had the party. The one where we forgot that we live on one level, on the second floor (above two stylish, childless, thirty-somethings), in 1200 square feet (if you count the pantry and the back porch.) The party where we assume 12-14 7 year old girls will get along, will be fabulously entertained by Chris and me, and will go to bed at a decent hour.  We assumed wrong.

The funny part? They still had a good time. At least I think they did. There was a lot of giggling, screaming, gossiping, crafting, popcorn eating, and squealing.

Because I can't rehash the entire party here on the blog for future Bela, I have this photo which offers but a glimpse of what the rest of our apartment looked like when the last child left today. Enjoy. I know I am.

The 1 square foot between couch and magazine basket. Multiply this by the 1200 sq ft that is our apartment.

3 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ashamed bc I recognize many of those objects as my daughters. It only takes a minute to go from clean to pure filth.

    ReplyDelete