I'm back at work after a long break, and the craziest thing just happened to me. I all of a sudden had an overwhelming desire to be back at home, lying on the couch with Gillian running circles around me. I would love to sit on her floor right now too, and read her The Little Engine that Could for the 450th time in 5 days. I'm so homesick right now.
Since I can't walk away from my job, I'll blog instead.
Tomorrow is Bela's birthday. Her 9th. It's hard to write down. 9 years. 10 years ago we unexpectedly found ourselves expecting, and now three kids later she's turning 9. Nine nine nine nine nine.
We're celebrating her big day in a small way for once. Dinner out with family and a few friends. Cake. Laughs. And as her gift this year, aside from a couple wee little things, we have signed her up for acting classes - theater, actually - at Emerald City Theater. She's slated to begin in a few weeks, working with a group of kids towards a musical ensemble production in May.
You see, Bela likes to perform. Bela likes to be on stage, and Chris and I have made it our goal to find this girl some outlets. Circus performance, chorus, music lessons, theater. And after attending two musicals, two ballets and a play with her this year, after watching her face and her excitement, we knew it had to be theater.
I hope she likes it.
And we're financing this gift partly with the money some of you have donated to our "Project" fund. Thank you so much! We really wouldn't be able to sign her up for so many things if it weren't for your help.
Sigh. Back to work.
Daughter, you're an awesome mother. I am so glad that you can find so many inspiring activities in which your daughters can participate and think your "project" to help provide for this is brilliant. I was there when Bela was born, the first really happy event in too long, and it seems like just a year or two ago. Happy Birthday, Bela Boo!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mom :) We'll call tomorrow.
ReplyDelete