22 September, 2010

These days


knitting - literally- on a bed of Spanish compositions
These days I'm feeling pulled in a few too many directions. When this happens, when work tends to start piling up, well that's when you'll find me engaged wholeheartedly in a lot of superfluous activities. Really inappropriate and not terribly important ones.

Dozens upon dozens of Spanish compositions to grade? I'm going to hang that shelf above the bed and install the reading light. Create a syllabus for that second job I just took? I think it's time to drill a gigantic hole in our tv cabinet so the cords can be re-routed through the back. Doctor's appointment to be made for the girls? Have I organized my yarn stash lately?

I have a lot going on right now. Which means my house is cleaner than usual, extraneous projects are underway, and my facebook page is exploding with unnecessary status updates. In the meantime, I think a whole lot about sewing and knitting and reading (especially this, this, and this), and have been - as best as I can - participating in this week's Kids Clothes Week Challenge.  The following pictures are proof of that.

The purpose of this challenge is to motivate you to spend some time sewing clothes for your kids. Or knitting. Or crocheting. And the goal is to spend one hour every day, minimum. Monday I spent an hour just washing, pre-shrinking, and re-ironing all the fabric I want to use. Tuesday I knitted. Today...the good lord only knows what I'll accomplish. Between teaching my own four classes, subbing for a fifth one, lesson planning, contract signing, and banjo lessoning, I'll be surprised if I touch a strand of yarn or a sewing pattern all day. But I ain't about to give up just yet. I'll check in later this week, maybe show off some pictures of Bela and Mae in their new clothes.

Maybe.

A lot of fabric to choose from...
Plenty of Japanese patterns to decipher...
Mucho ironing...
Lots of yarn winding.

No comments:

Post a Comment