23 January, 2011

Six links


There are now six links on our chain. 

     Grandma Lou is here, helping to keep us company this weekend. We've watched movies, made waffles, and have been thoroughly beaten in I Spy, Eagle Eye and a particularly cut throat game of Memory

     Yesterday Grandma, the girls and I churned out some handmade Valentines for school, and then headed to the grocery store to pass the time. For fun, I asked Bela and Mae to make the shopping list:

Bela's List
Cupcakes
Olives
Tomato Soup
Apples
Bananas
Kiwi
Pears
Carrots 
Edamame
Fish
Oranges
Pepperoni

Mae's List
Pepperoni
Rice
Avocado
Mac & Cheese
Bacon 
Bananas
Apples
     I love that number one on Bela's list is cupcakes, only to be followed by olives. Mae is a girl after my own heart with the avocado and the bacon. In the end, our list didn't vary much from what they dictated to me earlier in the day, and they ended up eating cupcakes for lunch and olives at dinner.

     With Chris gone, I've had a lot (too much) time alone and have really made some progress on a sweater for Mae that I started less than a week ago. The yarn is a cotton/wool blend, and I got it at a Glenview yarn shop that is going out of business. Over the course of the last week, I have made two visits to that store and one to another, and have now tripled my yarn stash. If you could see it you would either be very, very jealous, or very, very sorry for me. It's shameful, really. Today I finish a hat for my sister-in-law, to be shipped off to Portland.

Cotocani yarn; Tiny Tea Leaves pattern (size 4)



No comments:

Post a Comment