"Entre la sopa y el amor...
la primera es mejor"
I might have this refrain wrong. I'm translating it to Spanish from something I read in English, but it means between soup and love, the first is better. Only in Spanish, it rhymes.
I may be overly ambitious, but I have a lot of plans for this weekend. I plan to sleep, drink wine, knit some lace, play some banjo, get some patterns ready to sew (kids clothes week challenge starts on Monday), read The Road, grade about 50 Spanish compositions, go for a run, and make lots and lots of soup. Soup to eat now. Soup to freeze and eat later.
1. White bean and kale soup with tortellini and kielbasa
2. Black bean soup
3. Lentil soup with Kielbasa
4. Chicken vegetable soup
5. Something with cabbage. We have a lot of cabbage.
I also plan to make a gross amount of waffles for the kids and freeze them; roasted beets; roasted and salted pumpkin seeds; bread; hummus.
I think this means that Fall has arrived. My world has changed. I was born in the Fall and I hope to die in the Fall. Everything I love in this world has to do with Fall, it seems like. Knitting, cooking, running...I can do these things at any time of the year, but I prefer to do them between Labor Day and Christmas.
And what, you may wonder, do my kids do on Saturdays when I spend hours in the kitchen, drinking wine, playing the banjo, sneaking off to nap? They watch T.V. They look forward to Saturday T.V. with as much fervor as a little girl waits for a Christmas doll. Today, they have watched T.V. all day. All. Day. The secret of Nimh. Aladdin. Pete's Dragon. The secret of Nimh again. That's four movies. We're talking 5-8 hours of televised entertainment. Mae can't take it. She keeps sneaking off, to try to play. I don't even think Bela has eaten or gone to the bathroom in 6 hours, on the other hand.
PS - As I wrote the words above, my sweet little Mae pulled two weeks of lace off the knitting needles. This is one of those moments where I have to be a grown up. This is one of those life lessons moments.What I want to do is stomp my feet, fall to the floor, scream.
Instead, I'll go have a glass of wine. Eat some soup.



I have lots of big plans this weekend but mostly I want to stomp my feet, fall to the floor and cry.
ReplyDeleteInstead, I think I'll drink wine with you.
Love your blog, cuz. Lorelei
You're the bomb!! Went to Esther's Place today. Spent many hours felting!
ReplyDeleteLeslie I feel like you're cheating on me. You felted? At Esther's Place? Without me?
ReplyDelete