And before you know it, it's Sunday evening again. How does that happen? So much pressure these days are - the elusive weekend; the Saturdays, the Sundays. How many in a year? How many in a lifetime? Do these weekend days feel long and lazy to my children, the way they once did to me? Or are they gone before they're tasted, like they are for me now?
How do you prefer to spend your weekend? What do you fill your time with?
After some lazy time spent cuddling in bed together this morning, I got the kids busy in one room so I could attack the other. Soup. I had to finish the soup.
1.
2.
3.
4.
The soups barely made it to the freezer. Yum. Nothing was prepared with the cabbage. Not one thing. In fact, the cabbage is still sitting on my kitchen table, pretty but lonely. Bread was made and eaten. Projects finished. Laundry folded and put away.
The girls' brains were spared from yesterday's digital marathon. In celebration of our anniversary, we sent them off to the babysitter's for a handful of hours so we could, well, knit. Read books. Lie on the couch. Drink more wine. Nap. And clean the kitchen.
I did manage to make it out for a short run, and in so doing ran into my lovely friend, Leslie, who happened to be wearing a little thing I knitted for her earlier this year. Never one to pass up a chance to document something I've made, I snapped these pictures of her at Wicker Park - she is such a good sport.
And so they come and go. It's been a strange weekend here, but I am so, so..........sorry... that it is over...






I look forward to reading your blogs. You are quite good you know.
ReplyDeleteKatie....you really are an amazing person!! Morgan wears everything you gave her still even the leg warmers which are WAY too small
ReplyDelete